It is my understanding that there are only 10 entrys for the World Finials at this time I also understand that the SCTA requires around 50 to make it a viable meet. So, if 40 of you guys are thinking of WF this year, better get with it. Lots of runs. Cool weather. I have hears the WoS salt is better than SpeedWeek . So get with the program post hast. I think they may make some decision shortly.Call the office 559-528-9749. Or email http://www.scta-bni.org
If I get parts, I plan to attend.
Will Willis
#6302
Thanks for the heads up Rich. That's the web site address you gave us. Rather, should we send email to Joann at office@scta-bni.org or to someone else? I will have my pre-entry in the mail "soon", and I know of one other intended entry.
We are also waiting on parts but plan on going
Well, please let them know of your plans. Or your plan may go away this year.
I thought we had until Sept. 22 to send in our pre-entries for World Finals. But now it looks like that form has disappeared from the SCTA site. What's up? The correct number for the SCTA office is 559-528-6279; the number above is their FAX.
I have emailed Joann....
I take that back - I did find the pre-entry form on their site.
Well, this bodes ill for Finals. Ron Christensen sent a picture of the flooded salt from last night's rain. I'll assume that the Shootout is done and it sure doesn't look good for WF. Anybody else got new news?
Well, I sent in my entries for the sidecar scooter and my car, so I HOPE it will be up and running. It's only been 6 years since the car has run - I'm not excited or anything...
http://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/station_total.cgi?stn=BFLAT&unit=0
Here is the BFLAT weather station cam.
Beautiful picture- unless you want to go racing!
http://meso1.chpc.utah.edu/station_cameras/bflat_cam/bflat_cam_current.jpg
Looks like the tow road to the short course on the first day of Speed Week!
Rex
Checked the course this morning around 7:30, 1" to 1/2" of water. Sunshine and winds improved the course for the afternoon check to approx 3/4" of water at the Cook pits(30 yards from I80) to 1/4" to out of water from Cook 3 mile(normal SCTA-BNI start) to 8 miles down track. There will be a meeting at 4 pm to see how many of the remaining racers want to extend two more days. Arrangements have been made for insurance, timing, etc. High winds tonight and projected sunshine look promising.
DW